ווטסאפ - לינוקס, BSD, קוד פתוח ותוכנה חופשית בעברית. Whatsup - Linux, BSD, open source and free software in Hebrew

כניסת חברים · רישום · שכחתי סיסמה  
tux the penguin
תגובה לנושא
צפיה בנושא הבא Printable version התחבר כדי לבדוק הודעות פרטיות צפיה בנושא הקודם
theLSBלא בפורום כעת ת.הצטרפות: 15/04/2004 · הודעות: 190 · מיקום: אירופה

הודעה פורסם: 12/08/2004 - 15:06
נושא ההודעה: Hacker Vs. Cracker

קוד:

I thought it had to do with the fact I have not been in Israel for some time now, this differance between the interpretation I see that is given here (and else where in Israeli sites) to these two tems.
When I was younger, like 5-10 yeras ago, a remember that a hacker was meant as some one who breaks to other systmes via the network.
Crackers, were called those who cracked programs, like serial numbers for games ect.
And freakers were those who cracked cell phones and other such devices.
Lately I see that lots of you are referring to cracker as "bad" hacker, where as "good" hackers are just hackers.
Well, as far as I know, hacker - is slang for programmer.
It usually will mean a good programmer, one who speaks better programming language then his normal human tongue.
Not nesseseraly do to with braking in other systems or/and network.
To make sure, I looked it up on google, and to tell the truth, I found both aproaches.
But I think the following deffenition is the correct one, in which case, good or bad, who ever is accessing/breaking to other systems be for a good or bad couse is a cracker - where as a good coder is a hacker.
From :http://support.loxinfo.co.th/security.asp?where=security/hack

Hacker is a term used by some to mean "a clever programmer" and by others, especially journalists or their editors, to mean "someone who tries to break into computer systems."

Cracker is someone who breaks into someone else's computer system, often on a network. A cracker can be doing this for profit, maliciously, for some altruistic purpose or cause, or because the challenge is there. Some breaking-and-entering has been done ostensibly to point out weaknesses in a site's security system.
Eric Raymond, compiler of The New Hacker's Dictionary, defines a hacker as a clever programmer. A "good hack" is a clever solution to a programming problem and "hacking" is the act of doing it. Raymond lists five possible characteristics that qualify one as a hacker, which we paraphrase here:

* A person who enjoys learning details of a programming language or system
    * A person who enjoys actually doing the programming rather than just theorizing about it
    * A person capable of appreciating someone else's hacking
    * A person who picks up programming quickly
    * A person who is an expert at a particular programming language or system, as in "UNIX hacker"

cheers.

צפיה בפרופיל המשתמש שלח הודעה פרטית ביקור באתר המפרסם  
תגובה  עם ציטוט חזרה למעלה
חזרה לתוכן הדיון
CooL_SPoTלא בפורום כעת ת.הצטרפות: 18/10/2002 · הודעות: 5323 ·

הודעה פורסם: 12/08/2004 - 16:25
נושא ההודעה:

http://www.rootshell.be/~eg/faqs/hacker-howto.heb.html

צפיה בפרופיל המשתמש שלח הודעה פרטית MSN Messenger  
תגובה  עם ציטוט חזרה למעלה
חזרה לתוכן הדיון
הצגת הודעות מלפני: